Preconstruction & Planning
At PC Construction, our project teams – from project managers and superintendents to estimators and engineers – work diligently with clients and design teams to analyze the program and design alternatives to propose suggestions that provide value and reduce cost without compromising the aesthetics of your project.
Meaningful preconstruction services bring value, potential cost savings, and informed decision-making to the client while eliminating surprises to provide you with a predictable outcome. We take the value analysis process very seriously, thinking outside the box to achieve your goals with your budget and project needs in mind.
For each value analysis suggestion, we prepare a comparative value study that includes an assessment of cost and schedule impacts. We offer a comprehensive breakdown of alternatives that weigh the cost implications and take into consideration the operational costs, product durability, and ease of operation for each suggestion.
We use proven methodology and experience to bring you the most accurate cost estimates, including:
- Calling upon recent PC Construction projects for comparison
- Utilizing relevant and regional bid information
- Ensuring that we are accounting for temporary measures (and ICRA & ILSM compliance in health care related projects)
- Incorporating comprehensive phasing plans that could impact project cost and duration
- Pricing a variety of options to streamline the decision-making
- Breaking down the estimates by system or program area
- Using forethought to present options that do not limit future plans
As part of our preconstruction phase services, PC Construction:
- Facilitates a project kickoff and review meeting with the client and the design team to assemble all known and anecdotal project information
- Manages the preconstruction process with regularly-scheduled reviews of design changes and pricing to ensure that all members are fully aware of budget and schedule
- Ensures bid packages meet the needs of the client and encourage local involvement wherever possible
- Performs design, coordination, and constructability reviews to ensure that all of the plans are reviewed from a building perspective
- Facilitates hands-on field investigation to verify as-built drawings and existing conditions, including asbestos abatement or hazardous material remediation
- Provides a master project schedule that includes design, estimating, regulatory approvals, and construction and occupancy/activation milestones
- Develops and delivers a construction phasing and logistics plan that maintains adjacent ongoing operations and ensures the safety of all involved
- Identify and schedule the purchase of long-lead items to ensure appropriate budgeting and schedule adherence
- Reviews subcontractor and vendor qualifications with you and create bid packages that meet the client’s needs