As a Field Engineer, you will be integral to the construction of some of the most exciting water and wastewater treatment projects in the Atlanta area. We offer a collaborative and problem-solving environment where our leaders are expected to support the learning and growth of their teams.
The Field Engineer establishes and maintains all project control and layout and performs field measurements. Depending on project size and complexity, this position may include planning the site field engineering work and supervising field engineering employees. The right candidate will have high school diploma, and should have a minimum of five years related experience as a Field Engineer and preferably on water/wastewater projects, or a four year degree in engineering or surveying with an internship or one year of experience in construction. The individual in this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining all engineering layout controls and must be able to assume leadership roles in all phases of project layout.
- Ability to perform site engineering work on mid to small sized projects with oversight from the project team. Ability to supervise field engineer assistants. Strong experience in the use and maintenance of surveying equipment such as robotic total stations, RTK GPS, data collectors, including Trimble and Topcon products.
- Basic skills in AutoCAD, and general computer applications, and mobile devices. Basic understanding of BIM software and technology.
- Able to keep neat field notes and sketches. Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and descriptions of surveys to describe and certify the work performed.
- Competent in the ability to read and understand drawings, specifications and submittals. Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings or specifications to tell others how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Able to post as-built information, RFI responses, and clarifications on the project record documents.
- Service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles. Tribrach, poles, tripods, optical plumb, etc.
- Able to do basic math with a willingness to learn plane geometry and trigonometry. Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, control lines, and other characteristics of the site.
- Able to calculate and record quantities (square feet, cubic feet, cubic yards, etc.) Depending on project, Pour Cards may be required.
- Able to set and understand the reason for accurate horizontal and vertical control for layout.
- Prepare Auto Cad as-built drawings.
100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
PC Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a driving force in the success of our company.
About PC Construction: PC offers general contracting, construction management and design-build services to private and public clients across the country. The company manages projects along the eastern seaboard of the United States from its headquarters in Vermont and a network of locations in Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York and North Carolina. A construction industry leader for over 60 years, PC Construction is guided to success by its team of dedicated employee-owners.