Eastern United States
All PC construction projects begin with the work of our qualified estimators. From helping us win competitive bid work to performing high quality preconstruction CM at-risk and Design-Build projects, project success starts here.
Estimators are responsible for the compilation of the core components of the estimate including, site work, concrete, architectural, process pipe, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation and controls. This position requires a minimum of one or more years estimating exposure, and construction operations experience. Previous construction field experience and first-hand construction knowledge is a plus. This position may work from a regional office on a hybrid basis.
- Execute accurate quantity takeoffs and unit pricing utilizing estimating software.
- Connect with appropriate vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing information.
- Solicit scopes of work and quotations from subcontractors.
- Maintain material pricing information in estimating database.
- Develop a mastery of the means and methods of construction and the impact on the overall project cost
- Oversee projects that have been successfully bid and are under construction to learn the actual methods and costs of field operations.
- Drive the production of detailed cost budgets on successfully bid projects.
- Partner in collecting and maintaining a historical cost data base on past construction projects to be used in estimating new work.
- Perform value engineering and take part in constructability reviews during the preconstruction cycle.
100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
PC Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a driving force in the success of our company.
About PC Construction: PC offers general contracting, construction management and design-build services to private and public clients across the country. The company manages projects along the eastern seaboard of the United States from its headquarters in Vermont and a network of locations in Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York and North Carolina. A construction industry leader for over 60 years, PC Construction is guided to success by its team of dedicated employee-owners.