Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer
Poughkeepsie, New York
PC is seeking a Project Engineer to work on some of the area’s most exciting building projects as a member of our growing regional office in the Hudson Valley. The right candidate will have a degree in engineering or construction management with a minimum of five years related experience on large commercial construction projects. Previous experience as a project engineer should include a strong civil background and experience in estimating, scheduling, and office engineering.
- Prepare bid packages, analyze subcontractor and vendor pricing to ensure complete coverage of the work.
- Prepare subcontracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Read and review the owner contract.
- Manage document control process to include updating and distributing design drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, change directives, etc.
- Generate and process RFIs.
- Manage submittal process including creating and maintaining logs, and reviewing for compliance with specifications.
- Manage MEP coordination and BIM efforts.
- Create and maintain procurement logs, material delivery logs to avoid delays to schedule.
- Update and maintain project schedule and LEAN phase plans.
- Participate in cost management efforts including budgeting, forecasting, requisitions and subcontractor billings.
- Perform project management duties timely so as not to delay field activities.
- Prepare meeting agendas, take meeting minutes and disseminate accordingly.
- Actively participate in project safety efforts.
- Participate in quality control efforts, punch lists, etc.
- Manage project closeout process in reviewing and collecting as-built documents, O&M’s, warranties.
100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
PC Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a driving force in the success of our company.
About PC Construction: PC offers general contracting, construction management and design-build services to private and public clients across the country. The company manages projects along the eastern seaboard of the United States from its headquarters in Vermont and a network of locations in Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York and North Carolina. A construction industry leader for over 60 years, PC Construction is guided to success by its team of dedicated employee-owners.