Project Engineer - Water Treatment
Daytona Beach, Florida
Become our next employee owner and work with a great team on a water treatment project in Daytona Beach, Florida. The right candidate will have a degree in engineering or construction management, three to five years experience in mechanical engineering on large wastewater treatment plant projects as a project engineer, a strong civil and process pipe system experience, and experience in estimating, scheduling, and office engineering.
- Assemble and distribute bid packages.
- Contact appropriate vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing information.
- Obtain scopes of work and quotations from subcontractors and vendors.
- Perform scope and price reviews to ensure complete coverage of the work.
- Review subcontractor and vendor quotes regarding scope, pricing, and schedule.
- Analyze and negotiate subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and subcontract/PO change orders.
- Prepare subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and other commitments in CMiC.
- Prepare agenda, take notes, and disseminate subcontractor coordination meeting minutes.
- Read and review the project's owner's contract.
- Review design drawings and specifications to identify potential issues.
- Generate and process RFIs.
- Prepare change orders to the owner's contract in CMiC.
- Develop and maintain the contract document logs (design drawings, specifications, ASI, etc.).
- Manage bid package addenda.
- Update and distribute documents such as design drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, potential change items, change orders, schedules, etc.
- Update and distribute document logs for design drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, potential change items, change orders, punch lists, etc.
- Generate a submittal log at the onset of the project.
- Review submittals for compliance and compatibility.
- Expedite submittals as needed to ensure that construction activities aren't delayed.
- Perform project management duties timely so as not to delay field activities.
- Keep progress up-to-date in the project schedule.
- Modify the schedule as required to reflect changes to the owner's contract.
- Verify material deliveries for compliance to contract requirements and submittal data.
- Prepare and submit budget changes.
- Assign costs to the correct job cost structures.
100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
PC Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are a driving force in the success of our company.
About PC Construction: PC offers general contracting, construction management and design-build services to private and public clients across the country. The company manages projects along the eastern seaboard of the United States from its headquarters in Vermont and a network of locations in Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York and North Carolina. A construction industry leader for over 60 years, PC Construction is guided to success by its team of dedicated employee-owners.